Mr. Elahi has had an illustrious career as Civil Servant of Pakistan and has served on the Board of several government and semi-private entities in Pakistan such as Board of Investment, PNSC, and Export Processing Zone Authority. During his tenure as Chairman PNSC, he led the turnaround of the organization into a success story showing record profit and upgraded ratings to AA at a time when International Shipping was facing severe crisis.
- Ex-Chairman & CEO, Pakistan National Shipping Corporation (PNSC).
- Secretary Investment, Government of Sindh.
- Secretary Labour – Chairman Sindh Workers Welfare Board, Government of Sindh.
- Secretary Tourism, Government of Sindh.
- Secretary Industries & Commerce – Chairman Site, Government of Sindh.
- Chairman Export Processing Zone Authority - Government of Pakistan.
- Deputy Commissioner Karachi – South – Sindh.
- Deputy Commissioner Quetta – Baluchistan.